Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blessing & Abundance

One day last week I went cross-country skiing. I took a trail I've done many times before (OK, so it was 20 years ago!) and I thought I knew it well. Then, I came to this fork in the trail. Where did this fork come from? This isn't supposed to be here!

I stood there on my skis for a good 5 minutes trying to determine where I was and which trail to take. There were no markings telling me the name of the trails or direction to go. So, what to do? I finally decided that it didn't matter. Both trails were groomed for skiing ... so one may be longer and tougher than the other, but eventually both have to lead me home. It occurred to me that this is where I stand in making a decision about my future.

God has given me a choice and one trail may be easier than the other, one may be longer than the other, one may have more hills while the other has more curves. The point is that whichever trail I take, God will go with me. Whichever trail I take He will lead me and teach me what I need to know, He will train and equip me for that particular trail, and He will show me how I need to grow. And, because God goes with me, either trail is a trail of blessing and abundance. This is true because God is God and His nature is to bless. And, when God blesses... that is abundance!

Now, I don't mean blessing or abundance that looks like a big bank roll or a lavishly appointed house or 200 pair of shoes. What I mean is the blessing of His Presence with us, that He keeps us and protects us, that He delights in us and saves us by His scandalous grace, that He is our God and marks us with His Name -
Christ-ians. 
This blessing gives us His peace... His shalom: well-being, contentment, completeness, wholeness, harmony. Such abundance! 

Whichever trail I take, God goes with me, He is Present with me. That is blessing & abundance enough. The LORD be with you...

4 comments:

  1. ...and also with you. Beautifully said with certainty, strength and gratefulness. You are in a good place within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean! Susan Gregg's daughter helped me to set up this account which I hope will allow me to post things back to you - I really like hearing from you and want to respond - so, if this works, I will be sending you more very soon! God bless and keep you! Love in HIm, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works Sue! Keep those comments and thoughts and responses coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and also with YOU. what a gift you were given, this nature's metaphor right before your eyes. and the waiting, the five minutes? i imagine it was more than lovely.. what a wondrous reminder that it is not our choice of path that provides the blessing.. but our choice of travel companion. Ah, the peace of that reminder.. no matter what, no matter WHAT, all will be well, and all will be well and.... Love and Peace to you today, THIS day of the LORD Jean. Our hearts are with you. I pray that once you choose your trail, you will have immediate and soul-confirming peace wash over you. No matter what, you will be a blessing, you will be a vessel of God, you will bring people closer to the heart of God. This I know. From experience. Like so many others that love you.

    ReplyDelete