Saturday, March 23, 2013

What's the difference?

In one week I went from this...
Honey Rock Camp Lagoon Bridge, February 2013
to this...
Camp St. Christopher Beach, March 2013
And, the temperature changed as radically as the view ... from about 30 to 75 degrees! Reflecting on this may tempt you to think that this journey I am walking (and you with me!) ... also has changed radically. It must be brighter and happier and free-er and ... fill in the blank. Certainly, this must be true! But, the truth is ... although I wake up to different surroundings and interact with different people and dress in different clothes ... this journey I now walk is the same. The questions remain: How am I going to walk in this journey? Who am I going to be today?

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and I have been reflecting on the journey of Holy Week, the journey of Jesus to the Cross. It doesn't matter what view is before us or what the temperature is like outside or what we are going to wear or eat or ... fill in the blank. We may be in Wisconsin or South Carolina or in the airport or at the gas pump or ... wherever. We may find ourselves in many different places next week that are radically different than this one. But, the questions remain: How are we going to walk in this journey of Holy Week? Who are we going to be each day as we walk through it with Jesus our Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment