Saturday, October 12, 2013

Do your simple tasks for Me.

That came from God Calling this morning, and it was a good reminder for me, especially today.

Just recently another set-back came in this 9 month search process for whatever God has next for me. My first thought was, "What is God doing?" My second thought was, "What do I do now?" And, this is what I heard ... "Do your simple tasks for Me." That didn't say for me as in me, myself, and I ... do for me. It said for Me as in God ... the Lord Jesus. What are our simple tasks?

Meeting with Him sometime during the day to eat and drink from His Word (which helps me know what my simple tasks are!).






Taking time to eat and drink from the beauty of the world given to us as our home!









Looking for ways to practice the simple tasks every day ... like loving God and loving our neighbor ... (yes, walking the dog can be a way to love God and love our neighbor ... especially when it's the neighbor's dog!) Loving God and our neighbor can also be giving a cool drink of water ... listening to someone in need (not giving advice ... just listening!), visiting someone who is lonely or alone, calling someone who is new to your area and taking him/her out for a cuppa joe, paying for someone's groceries, writing a postcard to a friend ... you get the picture.



Remembering He calls us the Beloved
and His arms are always open to receive us ... always.


So, when we're feeling kinda lost because we're in a place we haven't been before and it seems as though we don't know what to do ... we can remember that He loved us, loves us, and will always love us ... and will never leave us or forsake us. He is near to us ... and isn't asking us to do great and miraculous things for Him ... He will do that ... He asks us to do our simple tasks for Him And, it is enough.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for His will to manifest itself in a way that encourages you during this challenging season of your life. We know He's got this well in hand. You are in my prayers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. thank you for this message.. it is so helpful in a tiny season of feeling far too pressed. can't finish anything or even seem to make progress? can't make the math work of 24 hours and 25 tasks? paralyzed by the 'too much' and don't know which edge to grab? frustrated with the failure to savor the time God has given, failure to savor moments with beloveds? and yet seemingly trapped on the gerbil's wheel? this uber-planner is now planning for the high jump off the wheel next week but meanwhile MEANWHILE I can do each of these simple tasks for Him, one at a time. And let Him make it all happen if He wills it. Lean on His strength and forsake mine. And I can remember that He is near. closer than my breath. My anchor in the wind and the waves.. No looking to the right or to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening for His whisper ... to turn to the right or to the left. Oh! That is the way to walk in it!

    ReplyDelete