Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What happens when we stand and wait...

One day, my very good friend was talking with his young nephew. They were standing by his nephew's bed admiring with awe the new tent bed he received for his birthday.
borrowed from:  http://sonicgranades.blogspot.com/
My friend said to his nephew, "When I see something like that I say, 'Chicken egg!'" His nephew looked at him and back at his new tent and with a very thoughtful serious expression replied, "When I see something like that I say,
 'WOW!'"
Today ... for me ... either one of those expressions applies. When we Walk. Stand and Wait in faith ... God Himself shows up. That deserves a "WOW!" from our lips.

This morning I read Isaiah 43:1-4. This is what jumped out at me as I read this passage: Thus, says the LORD ... the LORD who created you, who formed you ... Fear not. I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you. When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned, and the flames shall not consume you. For I AM the LORD your God, the Holy One, your Savior. You are precious in my sight; you are honored and I love you.

Can I get a
WOW!?

Right now, I am not working and haven't since the end of December. It was my decision to leave my last post. God said to me, "Go" and I went. ... When I passed through the waters of not knowing where to go or when or how to get there, He was with me. When the rivers of fear and doubt threatened to overwhelm me, He whispered, "Fear not. You are mine." When the fire of despair over the future seemed to burn brighter than my hope for it, God revealed himself to me through His Word and in prayer saying, "I AM the Lord your God, the Holy One, your Savior. You are precious in my sight; you are honored and I love you." I could not have heard those words nor can I continue to hear them ... unless I intentionally, day-by-day, moment-by-moment walk in faith, stand in faith, wait in faith. Faith that what God promised to Israel, his chosen people is also true for his people now saved by faith in Jesus Christ. The promises of the LORD my God, my Savior is true for me ... and you ... today.

"Chicken egg!"

A very fun video from Bethel Church. Witness the joy over what God does for us! Makes me wanna get up and dance ... why not! C'mon ... join me!


No comments:

Post a Comment