Sunday, November 17, 2013

Kissing the earth ... with prayer ...

... and touching heaven. 
Into His Presence, Ron DiCianni

In your new choreography ... dancing as though your feet kiss the earth ... do you find that because your living is different than it was before, it puts you out of step with others? That's what I'm finding. And, that "out-of-stepness" with others challenges the new choreography. And, those challenges ... or maybe challengers ... tempt you to go back to the old choreography, the old way of living. They want you to dance to their steps, their rhythm again. But, you know you can't go back. You've tasted the freedom and joy of the new choreography, its new rhythm for living. And, even though it feels like you are dancing it alone, you know that Jesus sees you and is praying for you and will come to you when it is the right time. His timing is the right rhythm.

As always, when the challenges come, God sends encouragement (in answer to Jesus' prayer?) to keep practicing the new choreography ... in my case ... living in the NOW, practicing the present of His Presence in the present. The encouragement came from Lilias Trotter. Miriam Rockness posted this from Lilias' journal:

It has come these days with a new light and power, that the first thing we have to see to, as we draw nearer to God day by day, is that 'our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.'  If we can listen in stillness, till our hearts begin to vibrate to the thing that He is thinking and feeling about the matter in question, whether it concerns ourselves or others, we can from that moment begin praying downwards from His throne, instead of praying upwards towards Him.   20 March 1926

Sit in stillness. Wait for the heart to vibrate - take on the rhythm, a new choreography - of the Father and the Son through the Holy Spirit within us. Then, our hearts pray from God's perspective ... trusting that He has all in hand. There in His Presence is the rhythm of peace.

In stillness before God, I am finding my new choreography ... and the new rhythm of a deeper faith which directs my steps. I still look for open positions, I still send out resumes and profiles, I still email and call, I still look for other possibilities and options ... I still take these practical steps but with this new choreography it is from a heart that believes and knows that God's hand is on my back and leading the way.The challengers of uncertainty, worry, control, striving, fear, and anger that want to cut in and lead me back into the old choreography ... I refuse them. They will never lead me into the dance of to deeper faith. In fact they will only trip me up. I tell them to go away. They usually listen to me, especially when I tell them with Whom I am dancing. But, I don't always get it right. Like Miriam, I am only a beginner in this new choreography. But, one thing I know ... God is always, always, always standing by with His hand extended toward me, waiting with joy ... for me to come back to dance with Him. And, that is heaven on earth.

2 comments:

  1. And your practice, your dance is encouraging me, and others, to find a stillness even within the busy. It's weird, but it totally exists, this stillness, even when every moment is filled with something. it doesn't require quiet and darkness and inactivity. it is more and more a part of me..i know this because when i do lose touch with it, i have a physical reaction, my body actually reminds me that I lost it... so helpful. its a gift from God, i think, to help me crave and pursue and embrace that stillness within. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hilarious now that mere days ago, above, I was enjoying my dance of inner stillness. And since then, since Tuesday night, the stillness is shattered and I am yet again that whirling dervish from Bugs Bunny.. what was his name? oooo Tazmanian DEVIL. interesting that devil is part of that name, that behaviour, perhaps.. So I have regressed... But I am reminded of Much Afraid and her ups and downs. I resolve to get it back. Get back that freedom and joy of a stillness choreography. for the sake of my guts I need to get it back! and how did Much Afraid get back on the right path time and time again? calling out for the Shepherd.. asking for help. singing.. I can do all 3 of those things, in Him who loves me. And the rest will take care of itself. ALLELUIA!

    ReplyDelete