Thursday, May 16, 2013

Come, Holy Spirit. Come. ... Day 7


Blessed are you, O LORD our God, Master of the Universe, who sanctified us through Jesus our Messiah, upon You we wait to kindle the fire of Your Holy Spirit within us

A time of silence...


“Let my soul bless the LORD, and let all that is within me bless his holy name; yes, let my soul bless the LORD and forget not all his benefits. (Psalm 103:1-2 NASB)

I will praise the Lord, for it is good, it is pleasant, (Psalm 92:1 NASB) and praise befits the upright; (Psalm 33:1 NASB) yes, it is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning and your faithfulness by night. (Psalm 92:1-2 NASB)”

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; and that my soul, my nobler part, knows very well; (22) for no man knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him. (23)

You have made me of that rank of beings which is a little lower than the heavenly beings and is crowned with glory and honor; (24) for it is the spirit in man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand, (25) and the spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD. (26)

My body is capable of being the temple of the Holy Spirit, and my soul of having the Spirit of God dwell in it; (27) I therefore glorify you with my body and with my spirit, which are both yours. (28)

You, Lord, have formed me for yourself, that I might declare your praise. (29)

You take pleasure in those who fear you, in those who hope in your steadfast love. (Psalm 147:11 NASB)

I give thanks to the God of gods, to the Lord of lords, for his steadfast love endures forever. (Psalm 136:2-3 NASB)

You have loved me with an everlasting love; therefore you have continued your faithfulness to me. (287) You have led me with cords of kindness, with the bands of love. (288)

In this the love of God was made manifest, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that I might live through him. (126)

Glory be to God in the highest, for in and through Jesus Christ there is on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased. (125)

Sing or play a song of worship to God ... or listen here.



Come, Holy Spirit. Come.

A time of silent waiting ...

LORD, make your face to shine upon me and be gracious to me; LORD, lift up the light of your countenance upon me and give me peace. (88)”

In the powerful Name of Jesus,
AMEN.

God bless you. +++

Chapter 4
22 Isa 60:7-8.
23 Mal 1:11.
24 Rom 15:16.
25 Isa 11:9.
26 Rom 11:17, 23-26.
27 Zech 12:10.
28 2 Cor 3:15-16.
29 Rev 1:11-12.”

Excerpt From: Henry, Matthew. “Matthew Henry's Method for Prayer (ESV 1st Person Version).” Matthew Henry. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=428439436

2 comments:

  1. Jean, I have been so blessed by this time of prayer and meditation.
    Thank you for continuing to be our teacher and guide.
    Blessings
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Margie, Thank you for commenting! And, for the encouragement. I'm right there with you in vigil for the Holy Spirit to fall afresh! Peace and Joy, Jean

    ReplyDelete