Saturday, May 18, 2013

Come, Holy Spirit. Come. ... Day 9


Blessed are you, O LORD our God, Master of the Universe, who sanctified us through Jesus our Messiah, upon You we wait to kindle the fire of Your Holy Spirit within us

A time of silence..

“I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever; (Psalm 145:1-2 NASB) I will pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and sing aloud of your righteousness. (Psalm 145:7 NASB)

I will recount the steadfast love of the LORD, the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD has granted me and the great goodness to the house of Israel that he has granted them according to his compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love. (Isaiah 63:7 NASB)

You did not leave yourself without witness among the nations, in that you did good by giving them rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying their hearts with food and gladness. (1)

You give to all life and breath and everything; (17) and the earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love. (18)

All the creatures look to you, to give them their food in due season. When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are filled with good things. When you send forth your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground. This your glory shall endure forever, and you rejoice in these works. (19)

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears me up; God is my salvation. (43)

You make me lie down in green pastures, you feed me beside the still waters; you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head, and my cup overflows. (44)

The lamp of God has shone upon my head, and by his light I have walked through darkness, and the friendship of God has been upon my tent [lives within us!]. (46)

You have provided me with everything to enjoy, (47) and have brought plentifully into my hand. (48)

Many a time I have eaten and been filled and have delighted myself in your great goodness. (49)

But especially blessed be the God and Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed me in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. (67)

You have brought me to your holy mountain, and made me joyful in your house of prayer, (303) and I found it good for me to be near God. (304)

I have reason to say that a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere, and that it is better to be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness; for the LORD God is a sun and shield; he bestows favor and honor; and no good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly: O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you! (305)

I have sat down under your shadow with delight, and your fruit has been sweet to my taste; you have brought me to the banqueting house, and your banner over me has been love. (306)

O Come, Holy Spirit. Come.


A time of silent waiting ...

LORD, make your face to shine upon me and be gracious to me; LORD, lift up the light of your countenance upon me and give me peace. 


O, Lord God,
O Holy Spirit, Come to me and fill me anew.
I wait upon you in the powerful Name of Jesus,
AMEN.

God bless you. +++

Chapter 4
1 Acts 14:17.
17 Acts 17:25.
18 Ps 119:64.
19 Ps 104:27-28, 30-31.
43 Ps 68:19.
44 Ps 23:2, 5.
46 Job 29:3-4.
47 1 Tim 6:17.
48 Job 12:6.
49 Neh 9:25.
67 Eph 1:3.
303 Isa 56:7.
304 Ps 73:28.
305 Ps 84:10-12.
306 Song 2:3-4.

Excerpt From: Henry, Matthew. “Matthew Henry's Method for Prayer (ESV 1st Person Version).” Matthew Henry. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/matthew-henrys-method-for/id428439436?mt=11

No comments:

Post a Comment