Friday, May 17, 2013

Come, Holy Spirit. Come. ... Day 8


Blessed are you, O LORD our God, Master of the Universe, who sanctified us through Jesus our Messiah, upon You we wait to kindle the fire of Your Holy Spirit within us

A time of silence...

“I give thanks to you, O God; I give thanks to you, for your name is near; I recount your wondrous deeds. (Psalm 75:1 NASB)

Let my soul bless the LORD, and let all that is within me bless his holy name; yes, let my soul bless the LORD and forget not all his benefits. (Psalm 103:1-2 NASB)

I thank you that in Jesus Christ you have made an everlasting covenant with me, your steadfast, sure love for David, (217) and that though the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, yet this, your covenant of peace, shall never be removed. (218)

That you have given to me precious and very great promises, that through them I might become a partaker of the divine nature; (219) and that the covenant Jesus Christ mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. (220)

I bless you that when the Lord Jesus went away, he sent his people another Helper to be with them forever, even the Spirit of truth, (210) who shall glorify the Son, for he will take what is his and declare it to them. (211)

That being exalted at the right hand of God and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, (212) he poured it forth as rivers of living water. (213)

Blessed be God for the signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit, with which God bore witness to the great salvation. (214)

And blessed be God for the promise that as earthly parents, though evil, know how to give good gifts to their children, so my heavenly Father will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him, (215) that promised Holy Spirit who is the guarantee of my inheritance until I acquire the possession of it. (216)"

Sing or play a song of worship to God ... or listen here.



Come, Holy Spirit. Come.

A time of silent waiting ...

LORD, make your face to shine upon me and be gracious to me; LORD, lift up the light of your countenance upon me and give me peace. (88)”

In the powerful Name of Jesus,
AMEN.

God bless you. +++


Chapter 4
210 John 14:16-17.
211 John 16:14.
212 Acts 2:33.
213 John 7:38.
214 Heb 2:4, 3.
215 Luke 11:13.
216 Eph 1:13-14.
217 Isa 55:3.
218 Isa 54:10.
219 2 Pet 1:4.
220 Heb 8:6.

Excerpt From: Henry, Matthew. “Matthew Henry's Method for Prayer (ESV 1st Person Version).” Matthew Henry. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/matthew-henrys-method-for/id428439436?mt=11

No comments:

Post a Comment