Thursday, June 6, 2013

Edamame Hummus Anyone?

Those of you who personally know me, know that I am NOT a cook ... or at least not in the true sense of the word. I cook when I NEED to, but for the most part I do the least amount of preparation possible for the best tasting eating. This means a good deal of what I make is raw or fresh or done in foil on the grill (no clean up!). But ... I love edamame hummus. This is love in the range of "I can't get enough of this stuff!" And, we can't find it in our grocery stores. This has forced me into the kitchen.

So, the search is on for the best Edamame Hummus recipe. This is the best one I found so far from "Oh My Veggies" food blog:


"Better-than-Trader-Joe's Edmame Hummus"

ingredients
  • 1 c. cooked edamame
  • 1/4 c. tahini
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled
  • 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh herbs (optional--I used rosemary, thyme, and basil)
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil (add more if you like your hummus creamier)
  • salt to taste (I used 1/4 tsp.)
instructions
  1. Combine edamame, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs in food processor. Process until smooth. Drizzle olive oil through feed tube, continuing to process until oil is fully incorporated. Season with salt to taste and serve.

This is great with fresh cut veggies, on a sandwich, with pita chips, on a spoon. I hope you whip some up, take it out onto your porch or deck or lawn chair and savor its freshness and the joy of green and life and all the good things that come to us through our Father's hands. This is definitely one of them! Happy Day to you.

3 comments:

  1. also delicious in a tortilla wrap with some sprouts.. yum. I have only had the trader joes kind. but the idea of "better" than trader joes is quite exciting! thanks!
    SKM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paste looks a lot like fava bean spread which we are going crazy about in Italy at the moment. Same recipe but without the Tahine. Don't know where you are, but if you are anywhere near HH let us know, please! Janina

    ReplyDelete