Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Saint Develops

So, take a look at day 2's work ... the progression of the clothing:



I know. Slow going, huh? I looked at my work from today and thought I hadn't done much and then I realized that I have thought this very same thing about my own progress toward spiritual maturity. When slow, consistent steps are taken, it's sometimes hard to see that any steps have been taken at all. But, really, those are the steps that give you the definition of faith in your life. Those are the steps that help you to clothe yourself in godliness. Those are the steps that "develop" your character ... develop your heart into a reflection of the heart of God.

If you look closely at the work I did today, you will see mistakes. In fact, I'm not happy with the robe...too heavy on the red "highlights". But, in the overall view of things, these kind of mistakes are redeemed to complete the work. Isn't that what God does for us and with us on this journey in the Way of His Kingdom? Yes. It is. We are saints in the making, working alongside the Holy Spirit as our lives are "written"... and redeemed for His Names' sake.

1 comment:

  1. fourteen? FOURTEEN????? HOLY MOTHER OF FOURTEEN!!! This woman who seems to be barely older than fourteen herself is a saint. With or without the pope's involvement. What an amazing story, thank you for sharing it. Anyone else reminded of Emily Blackshire a bit?
    SKM

    ReplyDelete